Monday, May 1, 2017

Student success statement
“I have been asked what I mean by ‘word of honor’. I will tell you:Place me behind prison walls-walls of stone ever so high, ever so thick, reaching ever so far into the ground- there is a possibility that in some way or another I might be able to escape; but stand me on the floor and draw me chalk line around me and have me give my word of honor never to cross it. Can I get out of the circle? No never I’d die first.”
Karl G. Maeser
What Karl is saying is that he rather live on good than live on bad. He’s saying if I’m behind prison walls there will be a way out, a way out of that badness. Saying there is hope to get out of that prison wall. It’s better to be around or in a place where you’re not locked up or in the middle of something that you know it’s not right rather than being in a place with no freedom because of the choices you made. I think that’s what people don’t think about when they make bad choices, they just think about the fun that they’re going to have but not about the consequences and I think that’s what people don’t realize that it’s better to know your place rather than having people or bad choices control you.

No comments:

Post a Comment